Following the renewed industrial policy strategy published on 13 September, the European Commission set up the High-Level Industrial Roundtable 'Industry 2030'. The Commission is now calling for applications for membership of this group.
Interested individuals should submit their application by 22 January 2018, 23:59 Brussels time. Read more HERE.
The tasks of the Roundtable are:
• to provide feedback on the Commission's initiatives and actions for smart, innovative and sustainable industry
• to assist the Commission in making conclusions from EU Industry Day operational
• to advise the Commission in defining priorities for future actions in industrial policy and for the subsequent EU Industry Day
• to advise the Commission on the implementation of the renewed EU industrial policy strategy and monitor its progress at international, EU, national, regional, and local level
• to build on existing groups linked to EU initiatives in industrial policy, including the reports and analyses they produce
• to reflect on future targets to measure the performance of EU industry and propose medium and long-term objectives.
The High Level Industrial Roundtable will consist of 20 members. They will include individuals appointed in a personal capacity (type A) and individuals appointed to represent the interest of industrial enterprises or employees (type B). The first meeting is foreseen for 22 of February 2018.
If you have questions, please contact us via EU-INDUSTRY2030@ec.europa.eu.