MecaTech CC has developed a skills mapping tool in order to facilitate the implementation of projects that are innovative, ambitious, and have international scope.
- indexes the mechanical engineering firms in Wallonia with high innovative potential; and
- classifies these enterprises according to a series of
- technological fields and
Each technological field and application market is then examined
- to determine its
- Walloon and foreign players (enterprises and research centres),
- value chains, and
- complementarities; and
- to identify the strong links that exist between various technologies and their fields of application.
These concentrations of skills and expertise are themselves interconnected.
Aims of the mapping software:
- to complement MecaTech CC’s strategic orientations with a finer approach based on knowledge of Wallonia’s skills and expertise and their areas of activity, development trends, and interconnections;
- to make use of synergies between Walloon and foreign players;
- to put flesh on the network policy’s bones;
- to generate projects by organizing intra- and intergroup meetings by technology or area of application;
- to create commercial and marketing synergies; and
- to create platforms for certain technological business networks.