Competitiveness cluster projects
The projects that are approved by a competitiveness cluster contain one or more of the following strands:
- foreign trade,
- foreign investment, and
Bonus aid is granted for each strand. It can be as much as 80% of the subsidy in the case of an SME that conducts a research project.
MecaTech Projects – Eligibility criteria
To get the MecaTech Cluster label, projects:
- must come under one or more of the MecaTech Cluster’s four strategic orientations, i.e.,
- materials and surfaces of the future – integration of new properties into materials;
- comprehensive technologies – complex, quick, and economical set-ups;
- microtechnologies and mechatronics – mechanical systems that include intelligent and electronic features; and
- maintenance and reliability – integration of new technology for maintenance: sensors, measuring devices, expert systems, and so on.
- must be innovative, have international ambitions, and create activity and jobs in Wallonia;
- must be coordinated by a company.
! For the research strand, a project is eligible only if at least two companies (of which one must have fewer than 250 employees) and two separate research bodies are involved.
A project may come under several Walloon business networks and competitiveness clusters at the same time.